5.22.2007

Let's Try This Again...

Well, it certainly has been a long time since I've done this, but quite frankly, I have nothing else to do.

My current level of broke-ness has sent me to a new summer job as well as my full-time job at Big Lots. Things are quite tame right now. A day here and there sometimes leaves me run down, but my two supervisors are really open to helping me out and I'm very appreciative of that. It helps to keep some money in my pocket and some sanity in my brain.

However, the thing that really sucks is that job number two sees me sit at a desk from midnight to eight in the morning, staring at a blank computer screen or playing wrestling booking simulators.

Usually, this would be the kind of job that would totally kick ass, but the time from 5-8 is when things really start to suck as I begin to fight off fatigue, as I'm still trying to keep a regular schedule so that my social life doesn't go to hell simply because I'm working night shift everynight.

However, that will prolly all go down the shitter as soon as next month hits. I have 48 hours scheduled at job number two the first week of June and then 40 hours every week after that. We'll add that to the 30 hours that I MUST work at Big Lots due to my full-time status and we're going to have a very run-down Shane. I'm also in the midst of trying to wow a new girl, who is quite possibly the coolest woman I've ever been this close to a relationship with.

So let's do some math here...

7 days a week x 24 hours a day = 168 hours a week
168 hours a week - 30 hours at Big Lots - 40 hours at WVU = 98 hours a week
98 hours a week - 2 hours gym time per day x 6 days a week = 86 hours a week
86 hours a week - 6 hours of sleep per night x 7 days a week = 44 hours a week

Now, 44 hours a week sounds like a whole slew of time to waste really. Hell, that's almost six hours a day that I could do whatever I want. But, for some reason, that's just really not how it works. And while it might be awesome with all the money that I'll have, I can't help but think that there will be quite a damper on this relationship that seems to be blossoming. And this really stresses me out because if ever there was a girl that I've attempted a relationship with that I would want to work, it is this one.

Needless to say, the eight hours a night that I will be spending at job number two are crucial to the very little sanity that I retain within my body. And since I'm on a current hiatus from e-fedding outside of A1E (Which some would claim I'm doing there as well ;) ), I figure that this blog could really be what keeps me going and keeps my mind off all the stressors that I might endure throughout what seems to be a crucial summer for my future.

So, I'm going to try and spark some good e-fedding discussions here, but I might also bring about some real-life stuff that hopefully I can get some input on from the great friends that I have encountered here in the FW and A1 circuits. There are really those of you that I admire like I've known you my entire life and feel more than comfortable telling you guys anything: Dan, Lindz, Dave, Shane, Josh, Jarret, James, etc.

I'd really like to try and make this a hotspot for those of you looking for something extra to do when you're just sitting around, looking for something to do or someone to talk to.

So, with two days in a row after tonight that I have to work here, why don't we start off topics by simply naming some topics that we'd like to see discussed. I'll then try to give my personal take on it and then we'll engage in some good old fashioned debate to try and express our viewpoints as well.

Lemme know what you guys think.

-Shane

No comments: